Parameter Optimization Tool Units

nickSHIFT

I have produced a few Tilt VS PItch scans, which are very helpful, but the units don't specify a time scale.

EG: in the attached scan, maximum of 624MWh is produced, but over what period of time? My annual production is about 2200MWh.

Is the 624MWh representing an average or total?

It doesn't seem to fit with daily or annual numbers.

Thanks.

*Edit* I think this is possibly a glitch or it is missing some digits. Andre can you weigh in on this please?

2139197490_Trialoptimization.PNG.c8b6a30d6c3100bb0476345bb32461a6.PNG

Edited by nickSHIFT

I am also curious to know the answer to the question above.

I also have a question regarding this same feature, so I hope you dont mind me piggybacking on your post. I ran a parameter optimization with a tracker system varying pitch, and the result does not give me different energies based on the pitch. Is this feature properly working for tracker systems?

411233568_trackeroptimize.PNG.8eaeabec799540a464591fdb153b8682.PNG

I have produced a few Tilt VS PItch scans, which are very helpful, but the units don't specify a time scale.

EG: in the attached scan, maximum of 624MWh is produced, but over what period of time? My annual production is about 2200MWh.

Is the 624MWh representing an average or total?

It doesn't seem to fit with daily or annual numbers.

Thanks.

While I cant answer your question, I did notice that when I go to 1-D, it shows the proper yearly production.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran a parameter optimization with a tracker system varying pitch, and the result does not give me different energies based on the pitch. Is this feature properly working for tracker systems?

I believe so. I think your pitch spacing at 5m is already large enough to not have any shading. Run it again from 1 to 5m and you should see a curve of some sort.

• 4 weeks later...

There is an error with the units display. Although the label reads MWh, the values are in GJ. There is a factor of 3.6 between the two (1MWh = 1MJ/s * 3600s = 1GJ * 3.6).

I will fix the error and post from which version on the fix applies.

A comment on the work-around proposed by nickSHIFT:

You can also retrieve the results from the Optimization tool in Excel. They are stored as CSV files in the PVsyst workspace in the subdirectory 'UserOptimization'. The file names are constructed from Project name, Variant Id, Scan Name and a counter. In those files, the energies are given correctly in kWh.

There is an error with the units display. Although the label reads MWh, the values are in GJ. There is a factor of 3.6 between the two (1MWh = 1MJ/s * 3600s = 1GJ * 3.6).

I will fix the error and post from which version on the fix applies.

A comment on the work-around proposed by nickSHIFT:

You can also retrieve the results from the Optimization tool in Excel. They are stored as CSV files in the PVsyst workspace in the subdirectory 'UserOptimization'. The file names are constructed from Project name, Variant Id, Scan Name and a counter. In those files, the energies are given correctly in kWh.

It would be nice if the units were included in the column header.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

While trying to use the optimization tool, I have encountered the following problems:

1. In some projects, there are only 2 optimization parameters(azimuth and tilt). I wish to carry out out other optimization like pitch optimization.

2. The scan aborts after a few seconds with an error message "The scan was aborted by the user"

Anyone with an idea on how to solve the above?

Thank you.

1641345037_Errormessage.thumb.JPG.72042f863ee15dcf4aa76be43f4f5bcb.JPG

• 5 months later...
On 3/8/2022 at 12:18 PM, Pnom said:

While trying to use the optimization tool, I have encountered the following problems:

1. In some projects, there are only 2 optimization parameters(azimuth and tilt). I wish to carry out out other optimization like pitch optimization.

2. The scan aborts after a few seconds with an error message "The scan was aborted by the user"

Anyone with an idea on how to solve the above?

Thank you.

1641345037_Errormessage.thumb.JPG.72042f863ee15dcf4aa76be43f4f5bcb.JPG

Hi guys, I am also facing a similar issue, where the scan aborts saying it was aborted by user when that is not the case. Anyone have any ideas on what could potentially be the issue? 

• 6 months later...