I can't check power factor option because of inverter doesn't allow to generate a Phase shift.

Swonno

Posted (edited)

Hello PVSyst team,

I tried to set "use power factor for grid injection" but I can't set it out. 

Do you know what option cause this error? I'm editing old project that my team member designed. and I updated conditions. But I can't set it.

Please help, Thanks.

image.png

Edited by Swonno

On 5/29/2024 at 10:54 PM, Lazare Fesnien said:

Your inverter is not defined as allowing work with a cos phi.

To resolve this you must modify the OND file from the database

I'm sorry can you guide me where to go in pvsyst and some samples? or is there any page that can be reffered?  

Thank you.

You can see and modify the parameters for your components either from the databases tab in the first PVsyst window, or by clicking "Open" next to the chosen component in the System window in your variant. In the "Output parameters" in the grid inverter definition (in PVsyst this file is called an OND file), you find the parameters linked to the Power factor, see print screen below. By ticking the option Allow power factor specification, the limitation in the Energy management tab will disappear. 

image.thumb.png.8d11821b6efab9e85d40a701bc242cde.png

In the following youtube tutorial you have further information about how the inverter is defined in the PVsyst database:

Kind regards

On 5/31/2024 at 7:21 PM, Linda Thoren said:

You can see and modify the parameters for your components either from the databases tab in the first PVsyst window, or by clicking "Open" next to the chosen component in the System window in your variant. In the "Output parameters" in the grid inverter definition (in PVsyst this file is called an OND file), you find the parameters linked to the Power factor, see print screen below. By ticking the option Allow power factor specification, the limitation in the Energy management tab will disappear. 

image.thumb.png.8d11821b6efab9e85d40a701bc242cde.png

In the following youtube tutorial you have further information about how the inverter is defined in the PVsyst database:

Kind regards

Thank you very much! This is helpful ! Happy weekend PVSyst team!