Problem in importing the .PVC 3D Scene which I have created using PVcase.

Nihal Meena

Hey PVsyst Team,
I have created a CAD file and a .PVC file using PVcase, where my trackers and trees follow the terrain of a specific geography. However, when I try to import the .PVC file into PVsyst, I receive a message stating, 'Your 3D scene is too large and cannot be imported.' Interestingly, the same scene is successfully imported when I remove some of the trees.

1 hour ago, Nihal Meena said:

Hey PVsyst Team,
I have created a CAD file and a .PVC file using PVcase, where my trackers and trees follow the terrain of a specific geography. However, when I try to import the .PVC file into PVsyst, I receive a message stating, 'Your 3D scene is too large and cannot be imported.' Interestingly, the same scene is successfully imported when I remove some of the trees.

ST78.1.jpg

Hello @Muhammed Sarikaya,
Thank you for the update. I followed your instructions and changed the unit to millimeters while importing the 3D scene into PVSyst. The model was successfully imported, but the size appears to be very small. The total number of modules is showing as 0, and the area of the 3D field is less than the module size defined in the system.

Screenshot 2023-11-22 120359.png

Screenshot 2023-11-22 121248.png

• 3 months later...

I am having this exact issue, has any update on this been made? 
I can confirm that the unit of measurement for my 3D software is meters and I am trying to import in meters.

It also imports in millimeters but is far smaller than it should be. 

Hi,

This error is usually displayed when you have one object of your scene that is really really far away from the other ones, making the distance between this object and the other ones too big to handle. Removing this object in your 3D software and exporting a new file will solve the problem. If you cannot solve the issue you can send us your PVC or DAE file to support@pvsyst.com and we will have a look.

I hope this helps.