MAX CHARGING POWER TOO HIGH-HIGH VOLTAGE BATTERY

JaviC

Hi, 

I am trying to simulate a system with a 50 kW inverter and a module of 10 bateries of 512V 103Ah and 51,2 kWh.

The problem is that when I define the parameters, it appears an error saying the max charging power (50 kW) is too high and I do not understand why.

I attach the parameters I define if anyone could help me it would be great.

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-16 161210.png

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-16 161253.png

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-16 172536.png

Dear Javier

In your first print screen you do not have 10 batteries, only 1. The error message suggest you to increase the battery capacity or reduce the charging power, to increase the charging time. Your PV array Pnom is 48.9 kWp which of course also has to be taken in consideration when dimensioning the storage.  

In the advanced parameters you also have the possibility to change the Minimum charging/discharging time.

Regards

28 minutes ago, Linda Thoren said:

Dear Javier

In your first print screen you do not have 10 batteries, only 1. The error message suggest you to increase the battery capacity or reduce the charging power, to increase the charging time. Your PV array Pnom is 48.9 kWp which of course also has to be taken in consideration when dimensioning the storage.  

In the advanced parameters you also have the possibility to change the Minimum charging/discharging time.

Regards

Yes but this battery is defined and a group of 10 each one of 5,1 kWh * 10 = 51 kWh and 103 Ah of capacity that are the true values. However i am gonna try change the charging and discharging time.

Please have alook on your first dialog (top of your first post).

You have defined a battery pack of  512V / 103 Ah, i.e. 52.7 kW "gross".

You have defined a PV system which will deliver   5.4 kW under full irradiance, corresponding to a full charging in roughly 7.8 hours).  This is quite correct. For this Power limit you could even define a smaller battery pack, corresponding to one day of overload (see "clear day excess energy" on the next page).

Now on the page "Peak shaving", you have to define the "Battery input charger" power which will charge the battery. Here you have probably defined a device of 50 kW, which is highly oversized. You could define a charger of, say, 6 kW, and everythig will be OK. 

Same remark for the "Battery to grid" inverter power:  this power will determine the speed at which you will discharge the battery during night.