how can i connect trackers in series in PVsyst shade scene?

Vera

I'm currently conducting different scenarios to assess module mismatch losses and their impact on specific production when trackers are positioned on a hill. The outcomes of these simulations are provided below.

How can I connect trackers in series within the shade scene? In theory, the section with the lowest production should regulate the current and constrain overall production.

Fixed Tilted Plane Specific Production (kWh/kWp/yr):
All Panels Horizontal: 1804
All panels at 5° to north: 1721
Panels curving toward the north: 1764

Tilted Tacker Specific Production (kWh/kWp/yr):
All Panels Horizontal: 2521
All panels at 5° to north: 2465
Panels curving toward the north: 2515

image.thumb.png.2e92e3d3eb27528b8a91d291c15f1de1.png

Thank you!

Thank you for your response. Upon employing the module layout tool to specify the 3D scene modules, I'm observing no variation in the simulation results for the specified production. This seems illogical because the lowest production should control the current and constrain the specified production.

The shadings seem really negligible, because even on 21st of December (worst case), you have only 7.5% electrical loss.
You mention, “the lowest production should control the current and constrain the specified production”, this is not necessarily true, thanks to bypass diodes. I think in this case, the bypass diodes are mitigating part of your electrical shading losses.

The blue message in the module layout tool is a bit misleading. What it should mean is that you can optionally review the shadings at specific days in the year (assuming clear sky conditions) using the “Shadings 3D” tool. This tool is however just for review. What matters in the end is validating the module layout assignations (you don't need to go to the “Shadings 3D” tab at all if you do not want to review), and running a simulation. You can check that shadings have been computed according to module layout definitions in the simulation report.