Sytsem without injection to grid

Michalis Angeli

Hello, I am trying to simulate a project which is not allowed to injects energy to the grid.

After I have defined the montly consumptions and the storage system, I ran simulation and I took this report image.thumb.png.51a5d85057e66e6a71620d8b10061c62.png

Can you explain me what Battery Out, inverter loss means? and why is too big?

Furthermore i didn't unterstand what are the three last columns in this table:
image.png.e358a487b72eeeee030d562f3968d5f4.png

I need explanaition and on this point.

Thank you very much!

Dear Michalis Angeli,

Battery OUT, inverter loss represents the losses in the inverter that is converting the energy from the battery to AC. It is probably a combination of parameters leading up to this large loss. Without more detailed information about your system, it is hard to pinpoint the exact causes. Please send your project to support@pvsyst.com if you'd like us to take a closer look.

E_solar is in fact the part of the energy that is used internally, such as battery charge/discharge inefficiency, DC-AC and AC-DC conversion devices. EUnused is the energy produced that is wasted because the system does not inject energy to the grid, batteries are already fully charged and there is no self-consumption at that moment when there is production. EFrGrid is the energy from the grid needed to fulfill the users need.

Regards,

Hello dear Linda,
First of all thanks for your response.

I would like to ask if I can define a similar system with option peak shaving. But in my case I don't want to inject energy either from solar panels or batteries to grid system. Actually, i want to design a Zero feed - in system.

Thank you!

Dear Michalis,

The strategy for Peak Shaving storage management is designed to precisely control the flow of energy injected into the grid. If your goal is to not injecting energy into the grid, you should choose another strategy such as  the "self-consumption", and untick the option to "Allow solar injection into the grid". If you aim to create a system entirely independent of the grid, you should consider designing a "standalone" project.