How are half cut modules taken into account during the shading loss simulation

VUG

Hi,

I was wondering if Pvsyst during the shading loss simulation takes into account the half cut technology modules or when a module in landscape is shaded on the lower half PVsyst considers the entire module bypassed ?

Second thing, when doing partitions do I need to create a partition that divides the module in half (landscape configuration) to take the half cut modules into account or not and PVsyst considers that already by default ?

Thank you

18 minutes ago, VUG said:

Hi,

I was wondering if Pvsyst during the shading loss simulation takes into account the half cut technology modules or when a module in landscape* is shaded on the lower half PVsyst considers the entire module bypassed ?

Second thing, when doing partitions do I need to create a partition that divides the module in half (landscape configuration)* to take the half cut modules into account or not and PVsyst considers that already by default ?

Thank you

*portrait configuration not landscape.

Hi @VUG,

In the "module layout" mode aka "detailed electrical calculation", the half-cut technology is accounted by PVsyst automatically.
However in the "partition mode" aka "according to module strings", you have to define the partitions as half the string by yourself. A string on one row should indeed be setup as two partitions.