Thermal Parameter Calculation using Meteo Data (Ambient Temperature)

Hossam

The meteonorm 8.1 database has hourly values of ambient temperature. 
Does PVsyst calculate the Cell temperature using the ambient temperature value at the specific time during the simulation or it uses the monthly average for all days?
I mean does it calculate the cell temperature only during daylight or it merges all heat transfer throughout the year, day and night.

• 4 weeks later...

By thermal losses we only account the losses due to the loss of efficiency when the module heats up during the day.
Unless you are concerned with infinitesimal variations of temperature, since the thermal inertia of modules is about 10 minutes, you don't need to merge the heat transfer throughout the year, day and night to simulate in hourly steps. Considering the heat transfer within the hour is enough.

This means PVsyst recognizes the time where there is no irradiance and then does not calculate the thermal losses unless the irradiance presence is provided in the hourly values table. Is this right?

Secondly, How can I export the meteonorm 8.1 data used in my simulation as I need to edit only the ambient temperature.

Thank you

On 4/4/2023 at 11:59 AM, Hossam said:

This means PVsyst recognizes the time where there is no irradiance and then does not calculate the thermal losses unless the irradiance presence is provided in the hourly values table. Is this right?

Secondly, How can I export the meteonorm 8.1 data used in my simulation as I need to edit only the ambient temperature.

Thank you

@Michele Oliosi

On 4/4/2023 at 11:59 AM, Hossam said:

Thank you

@Michele Oliosi Please tell me the answer of the first question. 
Thanks in avance.

• 2 weeks later...