Import PVcase Tracker Layout with Gaps

audlau

I am currently trying to import a PVcase tracker layout with each tracker consisting of 3-strings and multiple gaps (central motor gap and 2 smaller gaps). Is there anyway to import this directly into PVsyst or add the gaps manually once in PVsyst? I can see the option of "central gap" within PVsyst however it is greyed out and won't let me edit.

The other issues this is causing is that the tracker consists of 81 panels (3 x 27) however PVsyst recognises it as a tracker with 84 panels and no gaps.

image.thumb.png.c757f13b4d47f765d4c9f268551f5cdb.pngimage.thumb.png.d09008dfed9762f8501d9f6de0a5030d.png

Indeed, you cannot establish a gap between each string length in a PVsyst 3D table or tracker.  Only a homogeneous gap between each module, and an extra gap for the torque tube / longitudinal central spacing (central gap) if needed.

I would suggest splitting the tracker into three trackers, already in the PVcase design. Is that an option for you ?

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/17/2023 at 3:46 PM, sgf20 said:

Is it possible to create a central gap for 2L trackers when importing a 3D scene? 

When I create the 2L trackers in PVcase with a central gap and import to PVsyst, the gap disappears. This results in an error message, since PVsyst incorrectly interprets the imported scene: 
"The area of the 3D fields is lower than the area of the modules defined in the subarrays."

According to PVcase: PVsyst does not support the center gap. They take the total size of the frame from PVcase and divide by the size of the module to get the number of modules in the frame.

Do you have any suggestions on how to properly run a 2L simulation with a central gap in PVsyst based on an imported scene from PVcase? 

Edited by sgf20
spacing

Hello,

We have the notion of central gap in PVsyst but maybe this information is not in the PVC file that you are trying to import. Can you please send us the PVC file by email at support@pvsyst.com ? This way we will check and if the information is missing we will reach out to PVCase to see how we can improve our integration in future versions.

Thanks in advance.