azimut and tilt question

C. Amorevole

Hello everyone,

I need an help to solve some issues on my project's results. I am working at a PV system with the following characteristics:

- trackers with monoaxial system rotating on the N-S axis;

- fixed tilt;

- fixed azimut;

- adapted to the terrain configuration. 

image.png.9c0e8cb1890ce3d810e97971948e9ed2.png

image.thumb.png.4508649d43f1bc96975166376eeb87f7.png

Looking at the advanced simulation results, I noticed some strange values under the ''Pltilt'' and ''PlAzim'' voices. I attach some pictures to explain my issue. As soon as I looked at these results, expecially at the PlAzim and PlTilt values, I immediately asked myself:

- If my trackers have to rotate on N-S axis only, why do PlTilt and PhAzim values change?

- where can I found on PVsyst a formula on which is explained how these values are evaluated (if I can find it)?

- Is it correct to define the PlTilt as the inclination of the tracker respect to the horizontal axis? If yes, it has to be fixed in my configuration, isn't it?

- Is it correct to define the PlAzim as the inclination of the tracker respect to the Azimut? If yes, it has to be fixed in my configuration, isn't it?

thank you for answering.

Hi,

What you have in the hourly results as PlAzim and PlTilt is the effective orientation of your planes at a given hour. These two values reflect the instantaneous orientation of your tracker.

This is different from the nominal Axis tilt and Axis azimuth, which a) characterize the axis, not the plane, and b) are nominal and not instantaneous values.

You can easily see the effective PlAzim and PlTilt for a given plane orientation by using the Orientation understanding tool found in the 3D scene > Tools

image.thumb.png.ddafb93f6f1b057d289ad36850119496.png