PVsyst running slowly

jacob

Hi folks, I'm not sure what is going on but opening, closing, or changing anything is PVsyst freezes the program for 10-60sec. I've heard other people have had issues with slow simulations or running the shading table. That is not my issue. Running simulations and generating shading tables happen very rapidly. It actually take more time to close the shading table than it takes to generate it. Same thing for the simulation results window. If I try to change the name or save a variant I have to wait a full minute before the program is responsive again. Even If I switch between variants.

This is driving me crazy. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks,

Hi Jacob,

Some variants can take a long time to load if they are complex and/or if they contain a big 3D scene. If you want to check if something is wrong in your project, please contact us at support@pvsyst.com with attached the exported zip file of your project.

Good Afternoon,

Actually we (in our company) have noticed the same kind of behaviour, starting recently (2-3 weeks ago). No matter the PVsyst version (some colleagues are working with 7.2.8 ; me with 7.2.14) ; and no matter the size of the simulation, opening a "Grid Connected" simulation takes more time than before (up to 1 min).

Sorry I haven't been able to think about this in awhile. The effect does seem to vary for me with the size of the variant file, though not exactly. Bigger files take longer to open and smaller files I can open faster, that makes sense. Once I open the files and variants, I don't experience much of a delay if I hit buttons a rename anything on old projects. However, the files I have been working on recently, every window I open and close, every variant I select or rename comes with a delay. Admittedly these variants are fairly large (4000-8000kB), but by no means the largest. I have an old project with variants that are 20000+KB and I experience much less delay.

I'll try putting together a package to send to the support line and let you guys know what I hear. If anyone has ideas in the mean time let me know.

thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue with it being slow, but mine affects my maps when selecting locations for meteo data and also when I'm running simulations. 

for the simulations, what took under 10 seconds before is taking me over an hour now

• 2 months later...

I upgraded to v 7.2.18, and the same thing is happening to me now with a large shade scene.  Every little step or change I make in any of the PVsyst windows (not just near shading) brings up a message "checking variant VC_" which spins for a while.  I'm not sure if it has to do with the version change, or a change in my computer processing capacity unrelated to PVsyst.

• 4 weeks later...

I came here looking for an answer, the software is running extremely slow, more when we change from variant to variant, first I thought that was my laptop or maybe the heavy project with the complex 3D scene, but no, all my team is having the same issue with the latest version of PVsyst, 7.2.19, anyway I hope that can be solved soon, it is very inefficient.