Simulation for Floating solar

RAMVEA

Hi Team,

I m trying to Run a simulation for floating solar, so What are the parameters to be considered.

and if we change Uc & Uv values or Albedo what will be the result. and any chances that PVsyst will include Floating solar parameter.

\

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Please let me know the formula to calculate "Uc" with the recorded module temperature. People are claiming that the increment in energy units of a floating solar power plant is around 5% to 7% when compared to the energy units generated by land based projects but when I tried to arrive at the increment of 5% by altering the Uc value, the value required to be entered was around "80". This value seems to be very high to me hence, I need the actual formula used to calculate the Uc value from the module temperature. Please respond.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Please let me know the formula to calculate "Uc" with the recorded module temperature. People are claiming that the increment in energy units of a floating solar power plant is around 5% to 7% when compared to the energy units generated by land based projects but when I tried to arrive at the increment of 5% by altering the Uc value, the value required to be entered was around "80". This value seems to be very high to me hence, I need the actual formula used to calculate the Uc value from the module temperature. Please respond.

Thanks.

Hi André Mermoud,

Kindly advise how to calculate this Uc and Uv values because right now the recommended values are as is, with no formula to understand how to move forward from those arbitrary values. I am also looking to find a suitable parameter for floating solar thermal losses.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

One can use standard PV simulation software and procedures but you need to change the PV panel operating temperatures. See this article how to adapt these for the floating solar microclimate

Sustainability Assessment Framework and Methodology with Numerical Simulation Model for Floatovoltaic Energy System Planning and Assessments.

• 2 years later...

Dear Tomin Bejoy,

What kind of construction is it that you wish to do? Is it linked to floating solar that is the origin of this topic?

The print-shot you provide comes from a DC-grid project, you can start a DC-Grid project through the Project tab, choosing New DC-Grid project, see picture below.
image.png.28aae82595fb01c7676ad949b6b13ce6.png

By opening a new DC-Grid project, you can in “System”  construct a system similar to your screen-shot and in “Near Shading” you can construct a shading simulation.

I hope this answers your question, otherwise please specify further what kind of construction you are referring to.

Regards