How to simulate partial cloud scenario?

Hafiz

Hi guys

Anyone has an idea of how to simualte partial clouds in our shading scenario? I tried to use "Pseudo-circle-sector" but I have to keep its height along z-axis very low (few tens of meters) to get some impact on the output of the array. Obviously, this is not the case in real world. Any idea of any work around because in my scenario, there are open fields and the only significant partial shading source are the cloud pieces scatterd in the sky.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards

Hafiz

Since the meteo data you are using as a reference is horizontal irradiance data, it means that also any clouds are calculated throughout the year. When you see for example the hourly data you generate for the irradiance you can determine for example during summer some days where the global irradiance levels are significantly lower than other days. Therefore if you add some obstacles in your scene, you increase the losses of the irradiation for something that has been already "calculated". That is my opinion therefore if there is anyother point of view i would be glad to read it. Regards, Stavros