Batch Simulation - Monthly Values

Hennie

Hi,

Thank you for the continuous improvement of the software.

I'm using ver. 6.35 for batch simulation. I've noticed that:

1. The help file still refers to functionality in the 6.24 version, such as the save mode - eg. "Mode and File definition page" In the latest version there is no option for copy of monthly tables after each simulation.

2. In the save mode, there is a radio button option for "Save" or "Save As" - I assume this is to over write or save new VCi files during each simulation - this option box keeps disappearing.

3. The Results variables specification tab - These variables doesn't seem to be updated in the BatchResults CSV file.

4. In the Meteo and Save Mode tab, "Create hourly files" - It is not clearly shown, but this option seems to inherit the output file setup on the simulation start screen. Thus the "hourly files" can actually be any output file, including monthly values. - Could you indicate that in the help file?

Kind Regards,

Hennie

Some answers to these numerous questions.

1. The help file still refers to functionality in the 6.24 version, such as the save mode - eg. "Mode and File definition page" In the latest version there is no option for copy of monthly tables after each simulation.

This is an error in the Help file: this feature has never been developed. I probably intended to do so when writing the help.

2. In the save mode, there is a radio button option for "Save" or "Save As" - I assume this is to over write or save new VCi files during each simulation - this option box keeps disappearing.

This is only visible when it is pertinent, i.e. when you create simulations on the basis of different existing *.VCi files. This allows choosing if you want to overwrite the source VCi file.

3. The Results variables specification tab - These variables doesn't seem to be updated in the BatchResults CSV file.

This would be aestonishing as it is the basis of the batch mode, used by everyone. We will check.

4. In the Meteo and Save Mode tab, "Create hourly files" - It is not clearly shown, but this option seems to inherit the output file setup on the simulation start screen. Thus the "hourly files" can actually be any output file, including monthly values. - Could you indicate that in the help file?

When specifying to create "Hourly File" in the Batch mode, you are prompted to define the output file. Here you can specify any kind of output file (hourly, daily or monthly). I admit that the "Hourly" label is not quite correct, but it corresponds to the usual use ogf the output files.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the response.

I confirm some further details for the scenario in question 3. This occurs when using the Output File with Batch simulation. The BatchResults file is created, but does not contain any values, even though the Results variables has been specified. This however isn't such a big issue as the results are also easily specified in the Output File itself. The Output File works very well, especially if combined with batch mode.