Partition vs detailed electrical calculation according to layout

Jeanne

Hello,

I have a problem concerning partitionning. My layout looks like this :image.thumb.png.a6912862e7a2940c188b41337770557f.png

I used the Voltec pv pannels that cannot be used with the layout tool, so I used the partitions like this :

image.thumb.png.f8086418e8b68d64468bab45c2a3202a.png

I end up having more than a 6 % loss for the electrical loss according to partitions:

image.png.60e0b7d9595badb9b69453fe7be6b506.png

I then changed the pv panels to the Jinko ones, that can be used for the detailed electrical calculation, to compare the loss.

I only have a 0.82% loss.

image.png.a4c6eaa3d1062622f05fa10bbf30d16d.png

How can this be explained ?

I may not use the partition tool the right way.

Thank you for your answer.

The partition tool is not really adapted to this kind of situation either. For irregular shadings, it tends to overestimate the losses.

I would suggest changing the parameter "Fraction for electrical effect" to about 20 %.
This will reduce the electrical shading loss so that it has about the same magnitude as the jinko modules. I did not go as far as setting a 10% fraction because it is better to be very conservative in this case.

@Loïs Masson Yes it is possible to use partitions with a non-rectangular PV table. Honestly, with non-conventionally wired modules such as the voltec ones, there are no other solutions with the current PVsyst version. Finding equivalent modules, to run the module layout calculation, and using that to adjust the results of the partition calculation, as suggested at the beginning of the thread, seems like a reasonable idea.