How i can see objects in an exact front side.

Swonno

image.thumb.png.40964a1f343e326a64fa6794a24b52f7.png

Hello PVSyst team, How are you ?

I'm trying to see the objects in an exact front side but I can't set it by moving my mouse.

I think there is some feature or Is there any mistake i did? Pls give comments of this issuse.

Thank you for your attetion on this.

Dear Swonno,

You can click on these three buttons "X-Y" or "X-Z" or "Z-Y" to displayone side. image.png.66d6133a9cc58f84bf2444a02cdea61a.png

As a reminder, near shading it not  intended for complex drawings. Try to keep it simple, as the purpose is to simulate the shading of objects on your PV plant.

Regards,

Muhammed Sarikaya

On 5/10/2024 at 4:15 PM, Muhammed Sarikaya said:

Dear Swonno,

You can click on these three buttons "X-Y" or "X-Z" or "Z-Y" to displayone side. image.png.66d6133a9cc58f84bf2444a02cdea61a.png

As a reminder, near shading it not  intended for complex drawings. Try to keep it simple, as the purpose is to simulate the shading of objects on your PV plant.

Regards,

Muhammed Sarikaya

Dear Muhammed Sarikaya

image.thumb.png.f5e90442bc2f9ca981a141219b4e45c8.png

I'm proceeding roof top solar project now, and I manually made many sets of array groups and because of this reason , i wanted to check it is similiarly right in x,y,z basis.

So that`s why I posted this article. 

Thank you for your kindly explanation. 

If you don't mind  would you like to introduce some comfortable feature that automatically arrange pv module based on system based capacity.

especially, I'm trying to simulate on the top of the object(building, factory).

image.thumb.png.5da5a97b18ec90173854bd4aacb398f9.png

If you know like more efficiently method for designing , please let me know.

however I learned how to design mountain pv simulatino easily by before the post using Google map pro and designing the mountain ground object.

but in roof top case , i'm not sure how people usually design.

Thank you for getting attention on this.

image.thumb.png.d046acb2092c645fb2f0abbe3aa79060.png

(ref: 

)

Dear Swonno,

There is a technic to work with rooftop.

First, activate the button "normal to face"

With your mouse, position on the menu point of view and click righ, you will see that you can add the button "normal to face", see my screen shot:

image.thumb.png.6b4cc9b3271d4b5cd9bf528b19ed8a27.png

It helps you to position normal to the selected face. Very important to know, you have to activate the render "realistics" to acced to this button:

image.thumb.png.30993be2d668aacc7290de3c60777555.png

Then, click on any surface you want and you noticed that when it selected the color is slightly different.

I hope this trick will help you.

Also, there is an other tools very helpful, it's "automatic altitude"image.thumb.png.40c767a447d25a10b21f968eca71a045.png

You can select the PV panel and then select "automatic altitude"

A new windows appear at the right in the "tools" panel and you can define the distance from the ground and then, you have to click on the button "Set auto. altitude"

image.thumb.png.8045fabae63675796fc1cb0319f00737.png

Regards,

Muhammed Sarikaya

image.png

Thank you for the good tips and kind explanation with pictures. I really appreciate it. I think PVSyst team are really kind. Happy Tuesday ! Auto altitude feature is really helpful when there are many pv arrays. But also setting Align to Lowest point will be adjusted same height to all pv arrays yes those are really helpful. Thanks again.