25 Year Generation Data

Dear All

I'm eager to know,

1. How PVSyst calculate the solar generation after applying the Aging factor?

2. If I run PVsyst without the ageing factor, then apply the module degradation factor on the resultant solar generation for the next 25 years in Excel. Is it good practice? 

3. Is it good to run PVSyst every time to get solar generation for 25 years?

Thanks for your support, I hope these doubts will be addressed by you all.

1. PVsyst takes into account two effects that contribute to the losses due to PV module aging: 

• The average degradation of the modules expressed by the ‘average degradation factor’. This will give raise to the ‘global degradation factor’, which is the loss expected for a given year of operation. PVsyst will perform the simulation for the full year with a single degradation value calculated at the beginning of the simulation. Therefore this degradation should represent the average degradation for the entire year. 
  • The increasing mismatch caused by the different aging of the individual PV modules. The assumption in PVsyst is that the distributions of Impp and Vmpp will broaden with time. This broadening is described by the two factors ‘Imp RMS dispersion’ and ‘Vmp RMS dispersion’. To estimate how this will impact the overall mismatch losses of the strings, PVsyst will use a Monte Carlo approach and generate randomly many PV modules according to the distributions. It will then combine them to strings and calculate the mismatch losses. From this statistical ensemble it will get the estimate of the ‘Mismatch degradation factor’. 

2. Running the module degradation factor post-simulation in Excel might overlook interactions between different system components and environmental conditions that PVsyst considers. 
3. You have the possiblity to run 25 years simulation using “Aging tool” in “Advanced Simulation”.