Mixed orientation in PVsyst 7.4

Good day,

I have recently updated my PVsyst to version 7.4 and I noticed that I no longer have the "Mixed orientation" option available to me under the "System" parameters.

Might you advise if this has been done intentionally and if so; how would I go about assigning different orientations to 1 multi-MPPT inverter.

Should you have any questions or require any clarity, please let me know.

Best regards,

S. Matolo

image.png.6ed821e23fadec861a26904b83a7b826.png

Good day!

Normally the Mixed orientation option is there as in the previous versions. I cannot manage to reproduce the situation you are in where indeed two orientations are defined without the third option of Mixing them. Can you please send your project as a zip file to support@pvsyst.com and we can have a closer look at it.

Kind regards

Hello,

In your system, you have defined only one string. When defining orientations only entire strings are considered. Thus the Mixed orientation option in not available unless you have at least 2 strings. If you increase the number of strings, save and go back to System, the Mixed orientation option will be available. 

If you indeed mean to have only one string, you should instead make an average of the two orientations. 

Kind regards

Good day Linda,

I am not sure I understand.
If you view the attached, you will note that I have 2 orientations defined. Each orientation is 1 string long.
I would like to connect these 2 strings to individual MPPTs of the inverter.

Best regards,

image.png

Hello,

You have 2 orientation defined but only one string per inverter, that is why you cannot mix the orientations. So if you want to use the Mixed orientation option, increase the number of strings, click OK and then go back to system again and this option will be activated. You cannot mix the orientation in an sub-array that has only one string. If you define a sub-array with 2 strings and mix the orientations, you will have one string in each orientation (and you can erase the second sub-array). In your current system you have defined one inverter per sub-array. 

An other alternative is to activate the Use multi-MPPT feature and define 1 MPPT per subarray and then activate the power-sharing. Like this you can define one sub-array in each orientation but using only one inverter.

Kind regards