EW systems orientation from pvcase to pvsyst

n.ragavander

How do you actually use the different orientation option for the east-west system?

unable to simulate near shading for east west systems? How to do it?

Single tracker systems which orientaion need to be selected fot import from pvcase?

Hello,

If you are using domes then you need to create 2 orientations (one east and one west).

If you are using trackers, only one orientation is needed.

When importing trackers from pvcase PVsyst will try to detect automatically the corresponding orientation.

I hope this helps.

1. n Comparision to PVsol the specific yield using meternom data in PvSyst shows a significantly higher value for an EW system. What could be the problem here.
  2. if there is anyway that we could specify our own orientations after importing the file from PVcase in Pvsyst? It would be of great help if you could hep us out in this as our earlier projects, we have designed using only Autocad requires a specific yield and a specific orientation as these systems are already constructed?
  3. Is it possible that you have PAN files for specific solar modules?

Answer #1:  I can't say anything as I don't know how this is claculated in PV*SOL.

Answer #2: The orientation is a geometrical property of the tables of the 3D scene. It is obviously not a parameter that you can specify explicitly, this doesn't make sense.  If you want to modify the average orientation you should modify each table as really installed on the terrain (probably unfeasible).

NB: The orientation of the plane of each table in PVsyst (when following the terrain) is usually different than the nominal orientation specified in AutoCAD. See https://forum.pvsyst.com/topic/30-with-sheds-on-a-tilted-roof-pvsyst-changes-my-orientation/?do=getNewComment

Answer #3: You can always define a new PV module (PAN file) by yourself, using the datasheets. See the video tutorial for that:   https://www.youtube.com/c/PVsystTutos

Okay i understand, Thank you for the clarifications.

I also have another question in EW systems PVsyst automatically uses several orinetation option and so a bifacial mode cannot be activated, Is there another way to use the funcion of bifaciality, in theses systems for yiels analysis?

The bifacial model is specific to the sheds (or trackers) arrangement. It cannot be used for multiples orientations.

However this doesn't have much interest, as the usual E/W systems cover the ground at almost 100%, so that there is no light for being reflected on the rear side of the collectors. The bifacial gain will be completely negligible.

Hello Andre,

Im currently working on a sytem that incorportes both EW and trackers and i have an export file from PVcase. Pvsyst is able to read only the tracker system but im unable to run the simulation with both systems present. Is there any possibility to perform a simulation with a combination of systems ? If so it would be great to have a meeting to futher discuss and go through the process. Thank you for your time. Have a nice day.

• 2 weeks later...

This error message was meant to be present in the previous versions of PVsyst, but a bug prevented it from appearing. This has been fixed in the latest version of PVsyst, that’s why you see the error message now.

To get rid of the error message, you can go to the Home window > Settings > Edit advanced parameters, search for “spread” and modify the following value:

advancedparamtiltspread.png.3456206a5216f7191d120002593f94a6.png

I hope this helps. Note that cases which have a very large tilt spread may induce a certain uncertainty in the transposition calculation.

NB: Please open a new thread if there are issues not related to the original post.