Tracker spacing

Afshin

Hello,

I am using an unlimited single-axis tracking system for a 100 MW utility-scale PV system. To determine the inter-row spacing, I currently analyze shading 10% of the whole area using that shading animation tool in PVsyst for December 21 (Winter Solstice). The GCR is 36.5% and the tracker spacing is 6.6 m. If I were to conduct a comprehensive shading analysis for the entire 100 MW system, would the results differ? 

22 hours ago, Afshin said:

Hello,

I am using an unlimited single-axis tracking system for a 100 MW utility-scale PV system. To determine the inter-row spacing, I currently analyze shading 10% of the whole area using that shading animation tool in PVsyst for December 21 (Winter Solstice). The GCR is 36.5% and the tracker spacing is 6.6 m. If I were to conduct a comprehensive shading analysis for the entire 100 MW system, would the results differ? 

What do you mean by unlimited single axis tracking system? Did you model this in the 3D scene editor, or did you use the unlimited sheds method?

Thank you! I used the near shading tool in PVsyst for the shading analysis. 

In the orientation part, Unlimited trackers, horiz, axis which you can see in the attached picture. 

In addition, could you kindly explain the difference between (Unlimited trackers, horiz, axis) and (Tracking horizontal axis N-S) in the picture.

Image.jpeg

The shadings calculation should normally be based on a 3D scene. In this case you should use "Tracking, horizontal axis N/S".

However for a quick pre-calculation, you can use the orientation option "Unlimited trackers", which will perform the shadings calculation according to a generic reguar system.

NB: You cannot use a 3D scene with the option "Unlimited sheds".