PR correction on tracking systems

Esteban1990

Hello everyone,

I was reading the PVSyst documentation about the weather-corrected PR and I found a phrase that is not clear to me. Maybe someone can give more details about it.

It says "This correction is almost unusable with tracking systems, as the seasonal variations due to tracking are largely dominating the temperature effect"

Is this reffering that the mutual shading of the trackers that appear while tracking the sun are larger than the temperature effect on the modules? Can you provide any resource where I can read more about this topic?

Thanks in advance.

Esteban

What is meant is the following: the tracking motion will exacerbate the seasonal variation of the PR, indeed in great part due to shadings.

This is the corresponding graph in the documentation:
image.png.b6f425784e29cb7112cb51896faebee0.png

In practice, this means that the goal of having a more stable PR throughout the year is missed. You can see in the graph that the usual PR is more stable.
I am not sure what the results are with backtracking though, it may be worth checking.

2 hours ago, Michele Oliosi said:

What is meant is the following: the tracking motion will exacerbate the seasonal variation of the PR, indeed in great part due to shadings.

This is the corresponding graph in the documentation:
image.png.b6f425784e29cb7112cb51896faebee0.png

In practice, this means that the goal of having a more stable PR throughout the year is missed. You can see in the graph that the usual PR is more stable.
I am not sure what the results are with backtracking though, it may be worth checking.

Thanks for your reply Michele, now I understand the phrase.

I just ran a small test and, if I'm not mistaken, found out that the corrected PR can be used with tracking systems that applies backtracking. Here I show the obtained graphics.

image.png.4c63deaf94b0f717f3521977fd087c72.png

Hope this helps to someone someday.