Degradation Factor for PV Module

Michalis Angeli

Hello, i want to define the degaradation factor for pv panels wich i use in a project.
However, the constructor gives , degradation factor for the first year 3% and from the second year a linear degradation factor, approximately 0.3% / year 

How can i define this in dialog aging, without affecting the rest years? 

I tried to define the degradation factor for first year 3% but all factors for the rest years are always changing and difined equal to 3%.

Hi, first, please be careful that the warranty specifications on a datasheet are not equivalent to the degradation factor. The warranty specifications are usually a bit pessimistic.

Then, the first year degradation factor is likely due to LID of 3%. You can define an LID of about 3%, and use only the 0.3%/year in the degradation window.image.png.89e566de3d32a2ef97e59dd65688dafa.png

A warranty cannot be used in the simulation. It is a warranty, i.e., commercial information. It does not really reflect a module degradation. Besides, the downwards slope is not easily readable from the graph but would be about 0.7%/year, which, as mentioned, would be overly pessimistic if it was a real degradation rate.

In warranty table I define the warranty, some values are calculated with linear interpolation. Such as the picture below.
image.png.c2e5394821761bb24b45c96bc93dedbd.png 

However, we want to define the degradation factor only, for the first year equal to 2% (not 3%) and the rest years we want to take in account a linear average -0.55%/year.

But, i cannot define that, as you can see.
image.thumb.png.063c6182e7b0d67333a6e61104780d9d.png

As mentioned, the warranty information (that you can enter on the bottom right of the window) will not affect the simulation, it is just indicative !

The orange curve (sum of average degradation factor and mismatch increase due to degradation) should generally stay above the black curve (warranty), to be realistic. If you really want to study a degradation = to the warranty, I would suggest entering 0 to both RMS values, and 0.55%/year in the "Aver. degradation factor". But I don't know why you would like to do so.