Import the same altitude of the terrain in the shading scene

Salvo

Hi everyone, In the shading scene, when I import a pvc file, I don't have the same altitude of the terrain of the project. In particular, I didn't understand if the squares represent the sea level.

image.png.040bae1d647da960346b041d9b33216e.png

image.png.57984467726d7188254901e4baafd9d1.png

I tried to do two different simulations at different altitudes and I found different values of yields.

Is it possible to import the same altitude of the terrain in the shading scene?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Dear Salvo,

The squares represent the position 0m of Z axis.

However, this is useful only to view the height differences in your scene, it does not impact the simulation result. The altitude value is taken from the site of the project. If you want to see the impact of the altitude on your yield, you have to select another site with a different altitude.

Moreover, in version 7.3.2 of PVsyst, an update has been introduced concerning the import of 3D files (*.PVC, *.DAE, *.3DS). Indeed, the imported files are now automatically brought closer to the origin of the scene (Point [0, 0, 0]).

If you don't want this offset, just uncheck the "Automatic" box and bring the coordinates back to 0.000, then your objects will have a positive Z value:

Regards 

pvcimport.png

Dear Hizir,

thank you very much for the answer. 

So the program doesn't consider the elevation of the panel from the terrain and the elevation of the terrain on the layout? The altitude value is taken only from the site of the project?

Thank you
Regards

2 hours ago, Salvo said:

Dear Hizir,

thank you very much for the answer. 

So the program doesn't consider the elevation of the panel from the terrain and the elevation of the terrain on the layout? The altitude value is taken only from the site of the project?

Thank you
Regards

Dear Salvo,

Yes this is correct, the elevation of the panel from the terrain or the elevation of the ground object on the Z axis has no impact on the results. The altitude impact is included in the meteo data of the site.

Moreover the irradiance for the rear side and the albedo factor are not depending of the panel/ground distance drawn in the 3D scene but on the bifaciality configuration reachable from the system window for bifacial panels or from "Project settings" for the global albedo coefficient. 

Regards