v7.3.4 Computing the integrals for diffuse taking 8 minutes each run

Debbie

Hi PVsyst team,

In version 7.3.4 I am finding that computing the integrals for diffuse is taking about 6 minutes each time I run the model again (even if I don't change the near shading scene).  Usually this doesn't happen when I set the reference diffuse tracker to a custom selected tracker.  Is this a change in the new version?

Thank you,

Debbie

If you have selected the option "all trackers" or if the threshold number found in the advanced parameters (default 40, but you may have changed) exceeds the total number of trackers in your 3D scene, the diffuse shading factors will take some time since all trackers will be used for the calculation.

The time it takes depends drastically on the complexity of the scene and shading objects.

If I select the "custom tracker" option, shouldn't that prevent it from using all the trackers in the calculation, regardless of the advanced parameters? (currently at 40 for mine).  I will see if it happens again, now that I'm running a new model, and will report back.

Sure, if you select custom tracker only that tracker (green) and the shading ones (orange) will be considered.

Sorry in my previous answer I meant "if the threshold number found in the advanced parameters (default 40, but you may have changed) exceeds the total number of trackers in your 3D scene" + having selected "automatic". If you select custom tracker this will override the "automatic" setting.