Major differences in Near Shading: irradiance and electrical losses with baseline slope

YTL

Hi PVsyst team,

I've been running some consistency checks to quantify any differences in results between PVsyst 7.2.6 and PVsyst 7.3.4. One case in particular stood out to me, a project where i saw almost 2% decrease in Near Shading: irradiance loss between v7.2 and v7.3, and also a decrease of almost 1% in electrical losses, due to some sheds having a baseline slope of 1° and -4.5° on sheds. I had not read anything in the release notes that suggested that such a difference was to be expected. Is there any explanation for this?

Below are the differences in results between the two versions.

image.png.ec25c1bd66ba8f2bbc6da129405256f5.png

Thank you very much for your time.

Yann.

Dear Yann,
Could you reproduce the comparison with 7.2.21 instead of 7.2.6 ?
There have been many patches in between, and several major errors have been corrected. I would feel more comfortable comparing more stable versions.

There have been some changes in the electrical shadings evaluation. For this I would advise reading:

The horizon losses have also had an improvement. From the release notes in 7.3.3:
- Horizon (far shadings): the calculation of the horizon shading has been corrected for times the sun passes the horizon line. This may slightly change the simulation results

Hi Michele,

Thanks for your response. I am unable to see your advised reading, do you have a link instead that I could access?

image.png.1d3361db4877610f59428afa0b523c3e.png

Thanks,

Yann.

Edited by YTL

• 2 weeks later...