different orientations: how to correctly assign the right orientations in system "parameters"

Hello PVsyst forum,

I had a problem in my project about the topic "the area od the 3D fields is lower than the area of the modules defined in the subarrays".

I'm working to a fixed PV project with no particular limits on the slope tolerances. So it means that the fixed structures (with an inclination of the module of 32°) have the same slope of the terrain. 

The programme shows what follows:

image.png.c9f23d4dc8aa88e0632f958f705738c0.png

the problem seems to be solvable connecting the different orientations (defined in the "orientation" parameters) with the right sub-arrays defined in the "system" parameters.

My question is the following: since I can't define a single orientation for each different string or structure in the "orientation" parameters but only for the sub-arrays (group of strings), I can't be very accurate into the assignment of the right orientation in "system" parameters. Anyway I don't recognise a correct way to associate the right orientation to each subarray. 

Can you help me solving this issue? 

I should find a valid average orientation for the sub-arrays (probably in "orientation" parameters) and assign it in the "system" parameters. Is it correct? can you explain me how it can be done? it doesn't seem to me to be very easy to do.

thank you for the help.

Hi @C. Amorevole,

Your problem is a frequent case in PVsyst, since the PV tables follow the slopes of the ground. You must define one or more so-called "averaged" orientation(s).

From the 3D scene, open the orientation management window, and launch an automatic detection with a large enough tolerance to obtain the desired orientations:

image.thumb.png.e760c18d5beef00b74c1894f4aba96e4.png

You can also manually create your orientations if you wish (more details here).

After creating the orientations in the 3D scene (8 at most), you will have to harmonize them with those defined in the system and assign the subfields to these orientations.