Minimum height above ground - Tracking system (bifacial model)

JGM

Hi again,

Talking about the bifacial model parameters, I got two questions:

First one: my 3d-scene has 22º azimuth orientation but the axis azimuth in the bifacial orientation parameters is 44º. Will this affect the calculus? When I update the value to 22º and I close the window, the axis azimuth change to 44º again.

image.png.d21cbb365c72f757dae527ed1909b0df.png

Second: I think that it would be really useful to have an additional parameter related to the following inputs:

• Minimum gap with the ground.
  • The maximum/minimum phi of the modules.
  • Height above ground.

Two of this parameters shall work as the restrictions and the third as the output, for example:
If you are considering a 0.5m as gap with the ground and +-60º of tilt, then you'll have a minimal height above ground according this two restrictions.
On the other hand, if your exercise considers 0.5m gap with the ground and you are trying to set a height above ground too low, PVsyst should correct the maximum/minimum phi to avoid ground colision.

Should it be possible to add this?

Thanks a lot.

15 hours ago, JGM said:

First one: my 3d-scene has 22º azimuth orientation but the axis azimuth in the bifacial orientation parameters is 44º. Will this affect the calculus? When I update the value to 22º and I close the window, the axis azimuth change to 44º again.

The following parameters : Axis azimuth / Phi min / Phi max / Uses backtracking / Pitch / Shed total width, in the bifacial window do not affect the simulation in any way. They are in this window for educational and studies purposes only. (See the text in dark red at the top of the window). The default values taken for the simulation (e.g. 44°) are taken directly from the 3D scene, if it exists, or the orientations window whenever you are using an "unlimited" orientation.

My first guess is that 44° is the effective axis azimuth once you take all the trackers in your scene into account. Do you happen to have different patches of trackers with different azimuth?

The value 44° should correspond to the axis azimuth value found in the orientation window. Could you check that they match ?

16 hours ago, JGM said:

Second: I think that it would be really useful to have an additional parameter related to the following inputs:

• Minimum gap with the ground.
  • The maximum/minimum phi of the modules.
  • Height above ground.

Two of this parameters shall work as the restrictions and the third as the output

Thank you for the suggestion, it could be a nice addition. At the moment we only work with the axis height above ground, because that would be specified once you choose a specific tracker model.