3D SCENES- MULTIPLE ORIENTATIONS- BIFACIAL MODULES

raulserr33

Hello,

I did a simulation importing a .pvc 3Dscene from PVcase. The Lay Out includes multiple orientations ( more than 8). So, I have several  and irregualr azimut and tilt values. I could run the simulationm, but I don't know how to do it using bifacial pv modules. PVSYST shows the error of bifacial 2D model computation. So, PVSYST requires "unlimited sheds" or Fixed tilt plane" which is not my real scneario.

So, is there any way to simulate bifacial PV modules using 3D scene with more than 8 orientations?

Additional, and without bifacial PV modules, the report shows also a pitch and azimut. How relevan or represantives  those values are since I have a 3D Scene?

Your support is highly appreciated.

image.png.67aa75e31e015b26fe53d8c9408a891d.png

image.thumb.png.123cede6b336200b4d63d45dac51380f.png

Br

image.thumb.png.9fa3cf93459a3298739ed6fa714c3ec2.pngPuna PV_Project.VC5-Report.pdf

image.thumb.png.327d36f4b2aa41374380b046b2595db7.png

Hi @raulserr33,

Please check this page first for general information on the bifacial conditions. https://www.pvsyst.com/help/bifacial-conditions.htm

By looking at your scene and system, I do not see what is wrong with it.  It is clear to me that the pitch is homogeneous, and you have gathered all modules into one orientation.

Could you send your variant over at support@pvsyst.com for review ? We'd be able to check exactly which condition does not pass.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

HI Michele,

Hi raulserr33

I faced with the same problem with 3D scene imported from PVCASE, I had a look to the web page https://www.pvsyst.com/help/bifacial-conditions.htm. but I didn't understand which parameter I had to modify in order to run simulation with bifaccial module.

Please may you suggest me how to solve the problem.

Thanks