Aging Tool - Where to get figures

jax595

Hi everyone, long time PVsyst user, first post on the forums - hoping I can get some pointers here ?

I'm designing a 10MWp Solar Farm for a tender and part of the formal submission requires us to give accurate generation figures for 30 years using the PVsyst Aging Tool. We may be subject to heavy fees in the future if we build the system and it doesn't hit these generation figures, so it's really important that I get this right ?

I've never used this tool before, wondering where to source some of the figures, such as Imp RMS dispersion, Vmp RMS dispersion, Individual PV modules Global degrad factor, and mismatch degrad factor. 

I have the panel datasheet (attached), but that only seems to give the module's warranty %'s. Where would I find the other figures, do you just reach out to the panel manufacturer?

Best regards,

Jack

Aging Tool.JPG

CS-BiHiKu7_CS7N-MB-AG_v1.7_F43M_J1_NA.pdf

Individual PV modules global degradation factor is auto-calculated based on the Avg degradation factor defined under Model and on the year of simulation. For the first year of operation, it is half the degradation rate. So there, you have defined 0.45% as the standard degradation rate. In year 1, the Individual PV Modules Global Degrad. Factor is 0.45%/2. For year 2, it will be 0.45% + 0.45%/2, and every year thereafter will add the full degradation rate. The Avg degradation factor comes from the module datasheet. 

To run full 30 years, enter your settings here and save and exit. Then go to advanced simul. and click Aging Tool. Follow the instructions there, it is self explanatory. You can choose the weather file,  select if you want to generate 8760 files, pdf reports, or individual variants for each year. Specify every # of years (1 to run each year) and total years. 

On mismatch, this is not well accounted for. There are some studies but most installed PV is 5-6 years old and technology has changed every few years.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Markus,

Sorry for the late reply, since this post I've moved to a new company which has many other experienced PVsyst users - they seem to only adjust the figures in the "module warranty" section based on degradation percentage values given by the panel datasheet. They don't seem to do anything with the other figures, they just leave them to their default values, but our company works on very large solar projects, so at the moment I'm trusting their judgement and assuming that's a safe way to simulate aging (fingers crossed!).

Other than that, I'm afraid I haven't learned much more on the matter, sorry!

Best regards,

Jack

• 5 months later...