Sunny Boy JP (for low voltage systems)

julmou

Good morning,

I find the SMA "JP" models quite useful for low voltage systems (short strings): Sunny Boy 3500TL-JP-22 and Sunny Boy 4500TL-JP-22.

I wanted to update the database with the newer version "Sunny Boy 5.5-JP", see link: https://www.sma.de/en/products/solarinverters/sunny-boy-55-jp.html

However I have mainly two interrogations:

1. In the datasheet, the efficiency is specified with "JIS Efficiency". I know what CEC and EURO efficiencies are, but it seems that a Japanese standard is used here. The problem is that I don't know how to translate it into the table in the "Efficiency curve" section of the inverter definitions (only the EURO and CEC efficiencies are calculated). Would it be worth implementing this JIS efficiency into PVsyst?
  2. Also, I don't know what to make of the output voltage at 202V. How are you supposed to connect it to a grid or to appliances?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Julien

Hi, thanks for the tip Michelle, I never thought of checking the "Background Knowledge" on the SMA website, you get the Efficiency tables in so much more details than on the regular datasheet, and this for all models of inverters . This is really useful to edit the efficiency curves when creating a new inverter in the PVsyst database.

Regarding the 202V voltage output, I just realized that this an inverter for the Japanese market... (where their standard single phase voltage is 202V and not 230V).

Hence the "JP" for Japan, and the JIS efficiency.

I thought it was a really good inverter for low voltage inputs (MPP range 60-450V), I struggle to find SMA inverters accepting short strings with low voltage.