PV Array Characteristics/ At Operating Condition (temp)

Detroit Solar

Hello,

I am wondering if the AT OPERATION CONDITION under PV Array Characteristics has any impact on production with different temperatures? I have spoken to a few different colleagues and have received many different answers. 

Please see attached. 

Thank you

image.jpeg

Hi,

During the simulation, PVsyst considers the current temperature of the PV modules, which may be any value. The production takes into account these temperatures differences based on the one-diode model.

The specific value at operating conditions (for you 22°) is just an example value, it doesn't really affect the simulation per se.

Thank you for the response. 

"It does not affect the simulation per se." That is not a definite "no." If the module is hot, will not be less productive? For example; if we used 50C, that would not affect the simulation compared to the 22C? 

Thank you again

Sorry my answer was not so clear.

In the simulation, the temperature of the modules at a given hour is taken into account automatically of course. Meaning that if the modules at a given hour are hot, then they will be less efficient. (This is not affected by chosing 22 or 50.)
This is what I meant by follow the one-diode model. You can find more information here https://www.pvsyst.com/help/pvmodule_corrtemper.htm

The second part of my answer just meant: there is nothing special about "22°" in particular, and the choice of "22°" in particular in the project settings dialogue will not affect the simulation. It is just an example of a characteristic temperature (which in fact seems quite low in your case, maybe a choice due to low ambient temperatures).

• 2 weeks later...