Project settings -> Other limitations

julmou

Good morning,

I have to admit I'm a bit confused by these settings (Project settings -> Other limitations), even with the official help.

• The first one "to discriminate if same different shading planes": is this regarding the tilt? (i.e. if we have 24.2° and 24.6°, then it's the same plane, but if 24° and 26° then they are different planes) -> or does this apply to the azimuth as well ?
  • The second one is really going over my head. Also, it seems they are not named the same in the program and in the help, so I'm not sure which one describes which. Happy to be enlightened on what this setting does please :)
  • In the help, there is mention of a "Helios3D max. [...] differences", but this setting doesn't appear on the program?
  • The last one "Maximum System / Shadings area ratio" is clear to me ?

image.png.d3f7c7039e75563dcef9242d73a6a0ab.png

image.png.0a7105a179d4bab0af7bdf9e8cc2b586.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

1) is not just regarding the tilt, but really the angle between the normals of the two planes.

Basically if the 1) limitation is not true (i.e. there are planes with more than 1° difference between their normals), you are passing from the "single orientation mode" to the "single heterogeneous orientation mode". The "heterogeneous orientation" means that although you have several (possibly many) plane orientations in your scene, PVsyst is using only fewer "average orientations" for the simulation.

2) 10° is the default limit above which putting two planes into the same average orientation is not ok, i.e. would lead to an unacceptable approximation. Putting planes together in orientations is done in the 3D scene, in "Tools" > "Orientation management" (https://www.pvsyst.com/help/shadings_orientations_dialog.htm). You can change this 10° limit to be more or less strict when including planes into an averaged orientation.

I believe the option about Helios3D is not available anymore, now it should be treated as the other cases.