Using Bifacial and Monofacial Modules in different Sub arrays

vijaykrishna.ds

Hello,

I am simulating a plant that uses both bifacial and Monofacial modules with string inverters. Each inverter is either fed by bifacial or monofacial modules( not mixed)

With i try to define 2 subarrays, one with Monofacial and the other with bifacial, i get the following error - "When defining a bifacial system, all the sub-arrays should have a bifacial PV module. "

is their a way around this without creating 2 separate files?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I was able to do it by re-defining the monofacial module as a bi-facial with 0% bi-faciality factor in a custom .pan file. It does give the message "The bifaciality factor has an unrealistic value of 0.00", but it saves the file and allows the monofacial module to be used in a separate sub-array to run the model.

Is this a valid workaround?

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to do it by re-defining the monofacial module as a bi-facial with 0% bi-faciality factor in a custom .pan file. It does give the message "The bifaciality factor has an unrealistic value of 0.00", but it saves the file and allows the monofacial module to be used in a separate sub-array to run the model.

Is this a valid workaround?

Run two models, one with monofacial, one with monofacial set with bifaciality set to zero and compare.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...