Simulate an OVERsized Inverter

Dayton

Hi all, this is my first post. We are possibly receiving a good deal on a certain inverter that works well with the Tesla PowerWall battery. I would like to model the inverter's performance over a couple of different scenarios including oversizing the array and undersizing the array. I know how to adjust the 'Albedo - Settings' to work around the overload loss for an undersized inverter, but I can't find a way to simulate an OVERsized inverter. This is the equipment that I am running for the scenario, for simplicity's sake, let's leave the battery out for now:

Module: LG 315 N1C-G4 (I would like to see the inverter's performance for 13 of them)

Optimizer: SolarEdge P320 (13, 1 for each module)

Inverter: SolarEdge SE 7600A-US 240V

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks - Dayton

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I am trying to run a simulation where there is only 1 string of 18 Silfab SLG-330M panels connected to a Fronius Symo 30.0-3/480 inverter. When I close the System page it will not allow me to simulate and states "System definitions: the inverter power is strongly oversized." Is there any option that I can toggle in order to run this simulation?

Thanks

One string of your modules represents 5.94 kWp.

It doesn't make sense to choose an inverter of 30 kWp for an array of only 5.9 kWp. This inverter will have a very bad efficiency.

An inverter of 5 kW would be largely sufficient.

You can modify this limit in the hidden parameters, topic "Detailed Simulation Verification Conditions".

However this would be a very bad idea.

• 3 years later...