PVsyst becomes very slow in every part when loading a big 3d scene

MicheleANE

Hi,

I can understand that managing big data in the 3d scene can make that part of the software slow but we are experiencing the same problem also after closing the 3d scene window and just browsing around in the software (opening other panels, like detailed losses or system).

Is there something we can do to avoid this problem?

In another thread I was told that activating optimized shading calculation and ignoring the interpenetration of modules in the 3d scene could help, but it just changed a little and is not enough at all.

Could an eventual fix for this be included in the next update? When could this update be expected?

Thanks for your time and best regards.

• 2 weeks later...

The shading factor calculation will indeed be drastically improved in the next update V 6.40, to be released beginning of January 2015.

However this problem is due to another problem (the verification of the shading scene), and desabling "Ignode Interpenetration of PV fields" should normally avoid it.

If there is no improvement with the next version 6.40, please send us the full project to support@pvsyst.com, using "Files > Export project".

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

with the new version (6.40), the time for the shading table calculation actually decreased around 20 times like said in the change log but, regarding the slowing of the whole software (also unrelated panels), there is no change.

I tried disabling the "Ignore interpenetration of PV fields" or enabling it but there was no difference in the response.

I am sending you the project file by email like you suggested using as subject the title of this thread.

Please let us know what can be done to improve this aspect or if you can solve it with a patch or update.

Best regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

Just now I upgraded my copy of PVsyst to 6.41 hoping it would solve this problem. It didn't.

Could you examine the project I sent you? If yes, could you understand what is the cause of this problem?

I don't really understand why it should re-verify the interpenetration of the tables while operating other parts of the software and also if I disable that function.

Please let us know something regard this because it's causing a big loss of time.

Best regards

Edit: Some time passed, new version (6.42) is out, installed it, but this problem is still there. A temporary workaround would be fine too but please let us know something.