CSV Import/Export for Near Shading Scene

tunay

Hello André,

thanks for this forum and also for the suggestions topic.

My conception of how the data for the objects in near shading scene stored is a bit blurry, but I hope it is possible to implement this suggestion.

Exporting the scene to a .csv file, editing that file and then importing again to PVsyst would save enourmous time in editing big and complicated projects.

I believe the objects has several parameters such as; x-y-z coordinates, tilt, azimuth, slope, baseline slope, pitch, misalign, dimensions and spacings, origin point etc.

If I am not wrong, at the moment there is no possibility to change the some of these parameters(such as slope or baseline slope) as a batch process and a way to adjust other parameters in an area or whole scene according to the changed parameter.

On the other hand this would make it possible to design a big power plant without any visual construction but with constructing a csv file.

Tunay

Managing the shading scene in a CSV file is really not a simple thing it the general way. You have quite a lot of different kinds of objects, with different parameters and a specific construction.

In the next version 6.40, the data files (including the *.SHD file) will be available in text format with "key-value" pairs, so that you will perhaps be able to slighlty modify your shading scene.

But the program has its own logics, and respecting this logic will not be easy.

• 6 months later...

Hi André,

thanks for your answer and the new novelties in the software. Right now the ground data import is saving a lot of time.

However, would it be possible to import a "Zone" in a similar way from a .csv file?

Tunay