Problem with importing Photon for CIGS Module

aswantara

Dear all,

I imported the module type MiaSole MS155GG-02 (which is CIGS) data from Photon.

There is several values that is wrong when I compared with the datasheet.

First is the value of Coefficient of current, which I can change easily.

Second is the value of temperature coefficient, which is positive (should be negative based on the datasheet).

And the third one is the technology, there is no CIGS option in PVsyst yet.

And on the Sizes and Technology tab, the number of cells is one. I think this is correct for thin film module.

My question is: How we can make this temperature coefficient become negative? (as in the datasheet of the panels)?

I tried to change the number of the cells to 36, and the temperature coefficient value changed.

But still the value on NOCT does not equal to the values listed on the datasheet.

Is the technology of the panels (CIS or CIGS) influence as well?

Thank you.

When importing this module:

The main problem in your definition is the number of cells in series. Of course a thin film module is made of cells, each cell being a long strip (usually 10 mm width).

The one-diode model is applied to one cell (between 0.4 and 0.5V for CIS), which is the module voltage divided by the number of cells. If you apply the one-diode model to the full module voltage, it will obviously completely fail.

The CIGS is very similar to the CIS technology. In PVsyst they are not distinguished.

The negative temperature coefficient is due to your wrong number of cells.

When defining the correct number of cells you will be able to correct for getting the specified muPmpp value.

But the muVoc is not adjustable (see out FAQ How to adjust the Voc temperature coefficient ?.

NB: the NOCT is not defined in the database of PVsyst (see the FAQ How to adjust the NOCT value ?.