Curve Roof Approximation

asboulton

I am currently in the process of building a simulation for a curved roof.

In order to approximate the roof accurately, I have split it into arrays for every 1°. This gives 20 arrays in total so I must run three different simulations in order to capture the entire roof as PVsyst only allows up to 8 orientations per simulation.

I have split the model into three in the following manner:

- Model 1 - 8 orientations

- Model 2 - 8 orientations

- Model 3 - 4 orientations

However, whichever model I load into the 3D scene it states that I have one less orientation than is actually present (i.e. Model 1 reports 7 orientations, etc.). This means I'm not able to size the electrical system or layout the modules. Is there any workaround that you are aware of or anything you can recommend I try?

FYI, this problem is intermittent. It occasionally works but usually does not and there is no clear determining factor as to why.

Many thanks.

For some of the crosschecks in PVsyst, two angles are considered to be the same, if they differ by 1° or less.

For projects with multiple orientations that have small differences (<= 1°) between each other, this may lead to inconsistent behaviour, when Tilt and Azimuth are matched between the 'Orientation' dialog and the 3D scene.

The problem is being adressed and a solution is envisaged for one of the next releases.

To work around the problem, sub-arrays with tilt or azimuth differences equal or smaller than 1°, should be gathered in one single sub-array with the same average orientation.

Note, that in the 3D scene, fractional angles will be rounded to integer values for displaying and crosschecking. Internally the fractional values are conserved.