PV Modules Tilt Angle

Abeer

When I insert a PV array on a plant with a 3-degree slope and set the tilt angle to 25 degrees, after updating the orientation with the shading scene, the tilt changes to 25.6 degrees. However, when I check the array, the tilt is still 25 degrees. Why is there a discrepancy?

Dear Abeer,

I imagine you set the orientation angle at 25 degrees, which will remain the same.

Then, in the 3D scene, you can add the slope, and for the simulation, the final orientation with the slope added will be used.

Could you provide more details about your question? A screenshot would also help me answer you more precisely.

Regards,

Muhammed Sarikaya

On 9/10/2024 at 11:20 AM, Muhammed Sarikaya said:

Dear Abeer,

I imagine you set the orientation angle at 25 degrees, which will remain the same.

Then, in the 3D scene, you can add the slope, and for the simulation, the final orientation with the slope added will be used.

Could you provide more details about your question? A screenshot would also help me answer you more precisely.

Regards,

Muhammed Sarikaya

Dear Mohammad,

Thank you for your help. As shown in the attached photo, I have a large plant with varying slopes. I initially set the tilt to 25 and then activated Auto Altitude. As a result, the actual tilt adjusted to 25.6, and the real azimuth also changed. I need the azimuth to be zero and the tilt to remain at 25, but in the current orientation, both the actual tilt and azimuth are displayed.

Best regards,

Abeer

PV syst.png

Dear Abeer,

I invite you to watch this tutorial for a more detailed explanation:

There is a workaround: in the shading window, go to "Tools > List and Management of Objects."
image.png.428af8e810a2741e9fcf31ddfab34912.png

Then, change all the baseline slopes to 0, as shown below:

image.thumb.png.3f001d42b0df5a296f3b5ef9b8df9e4a.png

However, your PV array will not automatically adjust to the terrain; they will all have different heights.

Try this and let me know if you succeed.

Regards,

Muhammed Sarikaya

Dear Mohammad, 

Following your suggestion, the distribution appears as shown in the attached image. Is this acceptable for the simulation? I will certainly raise the modules further above the plant, but would this setup impact the results? The results will serve as the guaranteed values for the project.

Regards,

Abeer Sabbah 

image.png