Batch simulation - Not getting .csv 8760 for each SIM

JStief

Hello - I am attempting to compare different fixed tilt angles using a batch run. For some reason PVsyst does not create an 8760 .CSV file for each SIM when I am only using "Plane tilt", "Plane azimuth", and "Height above ground" as the variables. The values are varied over a span of 121 different SIMs but I have also tried running with just 3 to see if the quantity was an issue. I also tried creating a new project and importing the variant I had been using.

To troubleshoot further I added "Module Quality Loss" to the BatchParams file variables. When using the same module quality loss value for all SIMS the .csv files were not created. However, once I varied the values for the module quality loss, I DID get the expected .csv files for each SIM.

Varying the originally mentioned three variables should be adequate to change the simulations' results so I wonder if PVsyst is mistakenly not outputting a .csv for each SIM like it should be? Or am I missing something perhaps?

Thank you very much.

Edited by JStief

• JStief changed the title to Batch simulation - Not getting .csv 8760 for each SIM

Thank you for the response. However, my issue is that I can sometimes get the .csv 8760s to be created but under the specific conditions of only having the "Plane tilt", "Plane azimuth", and "Height above ground" as the batch parameter variables they are not generated.

Just a wild guess here, but can your 3D scene support all the changes in plane azimuth and plane tilt ?
Indeed, if you change these in a 3D scene, possibly there will be collisions with other shading objects or among PV tables.

Ah, thank you. Perhaps I should share my intended goal. I am trying to follow the below procedure. However, it is difficult since a "tracker" Near Shading scene cannot be changed to a "fixed tilt" so I have to re-create it, it seems. Similarly, while a tracker rotates about it's center point, a fixed tilt is modeled in PVsyst from its edge and will only permit me to swing it around from 0 degrees to 90. Do you have any advice for the most efficient way to follow these steps?

image.thumb.png.0b91aff4d66edcef396b199a53abb6ff.png

You are right, trackers are difficult to change into fixed tilt.
Have you tried the other way around ? If I recall correctly, there is a transform option to change fixed tilt into trackers.
In this way, you can only build the scene with fixed tilt and then transform it.

Regarding the tilt angles, you are right, it can only go from 0° to 90° in principle. I would advise creating your scene with fixed tilt, and then rotate all tables by 180°. This should ensure that you cover the originally negative tilts. The operation of rotating all tables by 180° may be a bit technical depending on the case. I would suggest you try, and then refer to us which specific issues you encounter.

Phi is the variable to change for this exercise. Phi_min = Phi_max in the batch parameter file to simulate a tracker at angle. Tilt and azimuth should not be changed. 

@dtarin How can phi be changed in the batch file?

Besides the "Plane tilt" and "Plane azimuth" in the Plane Orientation tab I also see what is shown in the image attached. However, this causes the pitch to be changed for each SIM which is not what is desired in this case.

image.png

I now understand what dtarin was saying. Set Phi min and Phi max (in batch mode) as the same value in order to model a "tracker" that is fixed in place. That's exactly what I'm wanting to do. It also won't require rebuilding the shading scene. Thank you both.

I was still getting the weird issue with not getting the 8760s when running in batch mode. However, upon importing the variant to a new Project file it is working so that is resolved as well.