Reading of PAN file no longer modifies Rserie and Rshunt values?

In the release notes of the latest version of PVsyst (7.4.6), they specify that now when reading a PAN file the Rserie and Rshunt values are no longer modified, however, I was checking these values for multiple PAN files and they're still modifying them. The values that I'm seeing are the same as for previous versions.

If the model is still modifying the Rserie and Rshunt, what is this release note referring to?

I don't see what you mean. I have just tried with the version 7.4.6 and this works quite well. 

Please send us the PAN file which is not correctly read  (to support@pvsyst.com)

NB: The Rshunt may indeed be modified, as it is rounded to something like 50 or 100 ohm, I don't remember. This is not significant in the model.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

In the help guide of your one-diode model, it's specified that you modify the Rserie and Rshunt default values to have a -3% relative efficiency at 200 W/m2.

In the release notes of version 7.4.6 it's stated that "PV components: reading of PAN file no longer modifies Rserie and Rshunt values". I thought that this was referring to modifying the default values of the PAN file for the one-diode model, but I don't see any changes with previous versions so, what is this release note referring to?

Here are two screenshots of the PAN file data and the data modified for the model in PVsyst latest version.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Gorka Arrieta

PVsyst applies the default values (for getting -3% relative efficiency @200W/m2)  to the PV modules of the internal  database for which the Rserie is not defined.

Now for the PAN files defined by the users, this doesn't make sense: the user should be able to define its own  Resistance values. Therefore PVsyst doesn't modify these values anymore, except when these are not compatible with the one-diode model  (i.e. Rserie > RsMax).