How to create a TMY-P40 and TMY-P10

Edwin Tellez

Good day,
I am currently in the process of defining the test protocols for the start-up of a solar park in Colombia, exactly in the region of El Copey, department of Cesar, where simulations need to be carried out in PVSyst under a TMY meteorological-based scenario with P -10 and for years 1 and 2 with TMY P-40. Is it possible to create these databases with PVSyst from a 23 year hourly multi-year database?

Thank you so much.

Hi Edwin, 

If you have 10 or more years of complete hourly weather datasets, it is possible to generate TMY weather data through "Databases > TMY generation". You will have to place the multi-year data in your workspace, PVsyst will then automatically detect these files and allow you to generate TMY files. More details can be found here: Meteo Database > TMY data generation (pvsyst.com)

You can then run PXX simulations in "Energy management", Project design > P50 - P90 evaluations (pvsyst.com)

Best, 

Agnes 

Thank you so much Anges for your valuable answer.

I understand what you are telling me when obtaining specific generations with Pxx in "Energy management", but what I really need is to load TMY files with P-40 and P-10 into PVSyst, to carry out the simulations and be able to obtain the respective PR for each scenario with TMY P- 10 and TMY P-40 respectively. Is this possible? Could I generate these files (TMY-P10 & TMY-P90) with PVSyst?

Thanks a lot for your collaboration.🙏

While it is possible to load TMY files with PXX into PVsyst, provided that you already have these data in hand, unfortunately it is currently not possible to generate them directly in PVsyst... 

Best, 

Agnes