Filling Zone Shading Scene

alexzulq

Hi, I am currently working on a project using PVsyst, and I have encountered a challenge with the automatic table placement feature. Specifically, some tables generated by the "Fill Zone Automatic" tool overlap with the ground.

I would like to know if there is a built-in function or a recommended approach within PVsyst to automatically delete or adjust tables that overlap with the ground. It would be immensely helpful if someone could guide me on how to manage and resolve this issue efficiently.

image.thumb.png.d5ad58509c035ad09ce73ebfc87dcfe6.png

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

We will improve this feature in one of our upcoming releases.

In the meantime, you can increase the "Distance from ground" in the zone editing tool before filling your zone. This should fix your issue.

I hope this helps.

If the ground terrain is not set to be a shading object (and hence not cast shadow itself), alternatively, you can leave it as-is. Note that if you do set the ground terrain to be a shading object, your simulation time will increase dramatically. For large sites, it may not be feasible. @Stéphane As far as I am aware, without it being set as a shading object, it is effectively transparent when it comes to the simulation, is this still the case? 

You are correct. In the details window of the ground object there is a checkbox called "Enable shadow casting". If it is not checked then the ground object is ignored when calculating the shadings and collisions between the ground object and PV tables have no impact.