To see a PV module's open circuit voltages with different tilt settings

Abid Ali

Hello,

I am working on a research project to electrify a DC load with the direct supply from PV module(s) (without MPPT, battery storage or any power electronics). The objective is to investigate the performance of DC load under different voltages. Therefore, I want to adjust the PV module voltages through adjusting the tilt and orientation.

I was wondering if there exists any tool/function in PVsyst where I can set the location, select a date, choose a PV module and check modules's hourly open circuit voltages for a particular user-set tilt/orientation setting. 

I hope my question is clear. However, if you need more clarification, please write me here. Thanks in advance

6 minutes ago, Abid Ali said:

Hello,

I am working on a research project to electrify a DC load with the direct supply from PV module(s) (without MPPT, battery storage or any power electronics). The objective is to investigate the performance of DC load under different voltages. Therefore, I want to adjust the PV module voltages through adjusting the tilt and orientation.

I was wondering if there exists any tool/function in PVsyst where I can set the location, select a date, choose a PV module and check modules's hourly open circuit voltages for a particular user-set tilt/orientation setting. 

I hope my question is clear. However, if you need more clarification, please write me here. Thanks in advance

There is a graphic tool for the array's electrical behaviour (please refer to image). I am unable to see tilt/orientation option here

PVsyst.png

9 hours ago, dtarin said:

Tilt and orientation will vary the current mostly as this changes amount of irradiance received. Temperature will affect the voltage more; irradiance, not so much. 

Thanks. I understand and totally agree to this theoretically. 

However, I was wondering if PVsyst is equiped with some formulas for Voc that can tell the impact of facing of PV cell/module away from sun's position

Edited by Abid Ali
some typo errors