Using optimizers in power sharing

Emi

Hallo, 

we have the following case:

3 sub-arrays defined
Sub-array #1                                                             Without OPT
Orientation #1                                                           Tilt/Azimuth = 20.0° / -90.0°
PV modules:                                                               2 strings of 7 modules in series,  14 total
    Pnom = 460 Wp                                                     PNom array = 6.4 kWp, area = 27 m²
Inverters (10.00 kWac)                                             1 MPPT inputs, Total 5 kWac,  Pnom ratio = 1.29     
Sub-array #2                                                             With Optimizer 1
Orientation #2                                                           Tilt/Azimuth = 20.0° / 90.0°
PV modules:                                                               1 strings of 7 modules in series,  7 total
    Pnom = 460 Wp                                                     PNom array = 3.2 kWp, area = 13 m²
Inverters (10.00 kWac)                                             1 MPPT inputs, Total 5 kWac,  Pnom ratio = 0.64     
Sub-array #3                                                             With Optimizer 2
Orientation #3                                                           Tilt/Azimuth = 30.0° / 0.0°
PV modules:                                                               1 strings of 6 modules in series,  6 total
    Pnom = 460 Wp                                                     PNom array = 2.76 kWp, area = 12 m²

The inverter has 2 MPPT, and we have 3 different orientations.

Then we would use optimizers in PVSyst. But,when we try to go into "power sharing", there we have inverter with 2 MPPT and 3 subarrays/orientations.

image.png.abeeec8ec70fe72244ad01433fd1d915.png

How could we manage this situation, i.e. simulate 3 orientations with a 2 MPPT inverter?

Thanks a lot

Thanks for your reply.

If I understand well, you are using 2 strings with equal lenght (2 x 9).

My setup is different, 5 orientations with several string lenght.

Any chance to accomplish a realistic simulation of following:

image.thumb.png.fd45d9c4c6353915b078cf227a09e526.png

Many thanks for your help!

Dear Emi, 

You can simulate virtually your entire project.

Attention it is not possible in PVsyst to mix two orientations with different lengths of strings. 

I just made your system under PVsyst, you just need to make a little change in the naming of the orientations in order to simulate your system correctly.

On 7/14/2023 at 4:15 PM, Lazare Fesnien said:

Attention, its not at all conventional to put two strings of different length on a single MPPT input

Ok, I know, then , for a correct simulation in PVSyst,

is it possible to use "optimizer" to connect modules with different orientations and connect them to a single MPPT?

More, using mixing orientation means to connect different orientations modules to the same MPPT?   This point it is not clear for me.

Many thanks