East-West Orientation (Several orientation system)

Mohammed Abou Ghadir

I have  selected an area to see how much can i fit solar panels to the park i´m designing , i wanted to use the fill zone option in the zone editing section with East and West orientation, but i cant do so because there is no option to add different orrientations. For now I´m stuck with East orrientation and when i tried copying the panels in east and then change the azimuth angle to have the same amount of panels as a miror it turns into a mess.

Does anyone know how to do solve this problem or how to design an east west orientation using zone fill?

Hi Mohammed,

Indeed, PVsyst does not allow for the moment to fill the zones with domes. However, there is a workaround that can help you with your park filling estimate:

1. First create a zone as you did with an azimut of 90°:
    image.thumb.png.8d1454204b5245e0161033e243deda1c.png

2. Then quit the zone editing tool, select all your tables, and change their origin with the advanced selection tool (CTRL+G):
    image.thumb.png.223b7c82fa74b4dbd985b90dfcbf55ca.png

3. After select only the tables you want to rotate in the opposite orientation (here East), and change their azimuth to -90°:
    image.thumb.png.851b702d5bcee4878a206732bd966df8.png

4. The result corresponds to East-West "domes":
    image.png.b28423ac0cdaffab2bb0c1b4c7f5051d.png

Hoping to have been able to help,

Stéphane M.

Thanks Stéphane, I followed the steps you suggested with a random example i did (I will attach the photos bellow), It resulted in having one orientation not  as i intend and submited in the system design (Fixed Tilt with 2 orientation). Did i miss a step or this way just work to see how much ,modules in a speicifc area i can fit only?

Design Example1.PNG

Design Example.PNG