Real tilt/azimuth in shading scene different from values in the orientation parameters

VUG

Hi,

I imported a ground csv file and tried to adapt arrays of tables of modules to the different slopes of the terrain. So I used in total 6 groupes of tables with different basline and shed to shed slope.

Now closing the shading scene and updating automatically the orientation parameters  PVsyst sees orientations that are different from the real tilt and azimuth that I see in the shading scene for every array of tables I used, so I cannot indentify the exact number of modules withe one or another orientation to then be able to do a proper power shading with correct number of strings for each orientation.

How does PVsyst choose the orientation parameters? Does pvsyst groups similar shed's orientartion in a avarage position ? Beacause of the 4 orentation that PVsyst sees, 2 are actually present in the shading scene and the other 2 are not so.

image.png.3f6bf59d5c5e56e35c880e303eef40e1.png (this is the values I'm reffering to as "real tilt/azimuth" and that I manually defined in the orientation parameters for every group of sheds)

image.png.dc8a11552c653eceedc0fd4fdf772523.png (the message error that blocks me)

image.png.ae2086b1ffd0b6d300d78d9ab9073f4e.png (the different groups of sheds)

Thank you

image.png

Hi @VUG,

Your PV fields follow a ground slope, this introduces baseslope angles of each PV fields. That means that the real tilt/azimuth angles are not the same as the nominal ones.

You can use the orientation educational tool to better understand this concept:

image.thumb.png.658b4d8b6a748c25798a33f283e8eea6.png

So, in this case, PVsyst has detected several averaged orientations and grouped your fields there.
Note that PVsyst is currently limited to 8 orientations, you’ll have to deal with this constraint.

To see the orientations, you can use the orientation management tool:

image.png.40356e918dafa2e3a180164957b046d7.png

To limit the number of orientations, try to re-identify orientations with higher tolerance:

image.png.645762e51a50587b9e2bfd9dcc4d0548.png

Or delete all orientations, create 1 or more new orientations and manually assign the fields, the averaged orientation will be determined automatically:

image.png.ae09b0bda9fe2e5af9df70cac2ef376c.png

Note that the azimuth used in PVsyst is the real azimuth and not the nominal azimuth, because it is the real azimuth of the orientations that is used for the calculations.

Regards,

Stéphane M.