Batch Run - Pitch

Joe Hollingsworth

Hi there, 

I am trying to run a batch simulation with various pitch (or GCR). I am wondering how the pitch in the shading scene is used when compared to the various pitches that I specify in the batch run? For example when I choose a two rows that specify the GCR in backtracking management in the shading scene, I just want to make sure that is not affecting the output of the batch runs, which would have a different GCR. 

Thanks! 

-Joe 

This should be under "how to" or another forum category fyi. 

If you are using a shade scene which has individual trackers (like from a PVC import), you cannot vary pitch in batch mode. Varying pitch in batch simulations only works on regular arrays (in shade scene, go to create > array of trackers) or using unlimited sheds. If you have multiple arrays of trackers, you will likely need them all at the same X coordinate as well or with enough spacing that they wont run into each other. If you're running GCR analysis, these two methods should be sufficient. When using the array of trackers, specifying the tables in backtracking management is not needed. 

Edited by dtarin

It may have run, but did you check that the results in the waterfall reflect a change in pitch? It's been my understanding one needs to use an array of trackers for this to work. 

image.png.8e4d609c58824c784769b5a56c823c2a.png

Edited by dtarin