How do I simulate additional stowing

JJuli

I need to run a simulation on a tracker system that is in a location that experiences heavy snowfall and after speaker with the tracker manufacturer we're concerned the system may be a stowed for a lot longer duration than expected. How do I simulation additional stow losses? Also, where would that loss be shown in my 8760 report?

12 hours ago, André Mermoud said:

There is no way in the present time for explicitly defining the tracker's position.

Providing such a possibility (i.e. defining the tracker's position by an external file)  is on our roadmap, but will not be realized before several months. 

Thank you for the quick reply!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 10:39 AM, JJuli said:

I need to run a simulation on a tracker system that is in a location that experiences heavy snowfall and after speaker with the tracker manufacturer we're concerned the system may be a stowed for a lot longer duration than expected. How do I simulation additional stow losses? Also, where would that loss be shown in my 8760 report?

Run a full year simulation at the stow position. Identify the hours of stow according to your own methods then replace the hours under stow in the regular yearly output with the data from the stow simulation. This will give you an expected production delta when you compare the two.