Merge Shading Scene tables

taahxr

Hi,

I would like to know how to merge multiple shading tables into one zone or merge several tables to form a bigger table.

I often model the PV system on skethup and then import it into the scene. In doing so each panel appears as its own table.....The problem then arises when I want to distribute the models according to the tables. Since every table is defined as having one module, the auto distribution doesn't work well.

I want to know if there is a way to merge the tables that's imported into larger tables instead of tables consisting of one module or if there is a way to relate groups of tables to each other so that the automatic distribution of modules can identify which modules of the string should be kept together.

Please advise what's the best way to do this

image.thumb.png.56628251137469634597309e817e5483.png

Have you tried the different filling schemes under auto distribution? You can also set strings manually. I think if you find something sufficiently close, it will be good enough. I am not familiar with sketchup, but looking at that scene there, you can probably do it in the 3D scene creator in PVsyst easily with zones, and then set as tables as you want.

Also, if you do have a table, PVsyst in the module layout method there will still fill module by module, whether it is a table or individual module. I am not sure it will make a different with this shading method. 

Edited by dtarin

Hi @taahxr,

19 hours ago, taahxr said:

I often model the PV system on skethup and then import it into the scene. In doing so each panel appears as its own table.....

This is not the recommended approach in PVsyst, as it drastically reduces software performance.

19 hours ago, taahxr said:

I want to know if there is a way to merge the tables that's imported into larger tables instead of tables consisting of one module or if there is a way to relate groups of tables to each other so that the automatic distribution of modules can identify which modules of the string should be kept together.

Unfortunately, this is currently not possible in PVsyst. As suggested by @dtarin, you can model your PV tables directly in PVsyst, or edit them in Sketchup.